Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I have been sitting here trying to figure out how to change my background and it's not working!!!  Oh well. 
So yesterday, I took Emma to the doctor for her 9 month well check (even though she is now 11 months)  oops, time really does seem to fly.  Anyway her doctor said AGAIN how tiny she is, and even seemed a little concerned, which concerns me just a tad.  If I really am honest with myself in my gut I really think that she is fine.  I have thought all along that her tiny size has been such a blessing to me.  I have a really bad back and it is hard to lift her now, let alone if she were in the "normal" size that they think she should be.  At 11 months old, Emma weighs 16 lbs.  She is in the 3rd percentile for her weight and the 8th percentile for her height.  She is such a joy to us all.  After spending the last 8 years completly throwing myself into all things BOY I have to admit that it is SO MUCH FUN to have a little (ok, A LOT) pink in our house.  I love to watch the boys with her.  They are so protective of her, and shield her from anything that might hurt or upset her.  I hope they will always treat her the way that they are right now.  I hope that they will always look after her well being and make sure she is treated right by ANYONE.  Our little lady is very lucky to have such great big brothers!!!
     At 11 months old Emma can wave, she says mama and dada.  She loves her brothers, and giggles often when they are around.  She is a quiet little thing when she wants to be, but man if you upset her at all, she will let you know.  She stands for long periods of time.  I know she could walk if she wanted to, but she is nervous to take that first step.  Her favorite toy is a little book that talks.  She eats EVERYTHING in sight!  Don't let her size fool you, she eats!  Trust me...  She loves to eat paper, which is a little wierd to me, but the doctors say it is normal.  She has pink and brown sqeaky shoes that she is trying to figure out how they work.  She still loves to play with Jacobs cars, but now she has her own little keys (pink of course) and her cinderella phone that she "talks" on.  She is a great sleeper, she has slept through the night since 5 weeks old.  Another BLESSING!  We are all pretty fond of our little lady, her smile can melt your heart in about 2 seconds flat, (Just ask her daddy and her Uncle J. about that one).

No comments:

Post a Comment