Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My last 1st birthday!

Well... I cried the day she was born, and I cried on her birthday~!  Despite my reservations and me BEGGING her not too, Emma turned one!  She was very spoiled by everyone in her life and got some fun new toys to play with and some adorable new clothes!  It's always a little crazy to me how much kids can change literally overnight.  One minute I was rocking my sweet baby to bed and the next thing I know..she grew up on me and turned one!  I feel like Zack was just being brought home from the hospital and now he is 8, Jacob is 7, and Emma has completely passed by the whole baby phase.  I am still trying to mentally adjust my brain to the fact that I am done having kids.  I know I should not be complaining about this, there are so many people on this earth that would make amazing parents and are not blessed with children.  After going through our own infertility issues, I KNOW how blessed I am to have my three miracle babies!  Each one of these beautiful children teaches me something different every single day, I really am thankful that Heavenly Father trusted me to be their mother, it is the best gift EVER...(I just wish it didn't all have to go by so fast.)
     Let's get back to Emma's birthday.  She had an adorable princess cake (it was adorable because I didn't make it) She was lucky enough to have her Daddy off from work to spend the day with her, and her mean mommy scheduled her 2nd dose of her flu shot on that day.  I know that sounds horrible...but I am not so good with the needle department on my own body, let alone somebody hurting my baby~!  I had to do it within a certain time frame anyway..and I knew Scott would be off on her birthday, so I simply allowed him the privilege to help :)  She was a trooper, she only cried for a minute...(I cried for a lot longer then she did)  SO after getting her shot, we took her to lunch with her Aunt Kristin at her favorite restaurant..SIZZLER!  Isn't it funny that her FAVORITE place to eat also happens to be mine?  Crazy I know...It must be in the genes :)  I ordered a steak and a salad bar, thinking it would be easier to feed her from the salad bar...it was, UNTIL she had a bite of my steak, she LOVED it!  I could not get her to eat anything else for the rest of our lunch, and every time she got a piece in her mouth she would sit there with a big ole happy grin on her face and say MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......until I fed her some more.  Does this mean that because she likes steak she will have a taste for the finer things in life?  If so I may have to get a job!  After lunch, we took her home to get some beauty rest so she wouldn't be cranky for her party.  When Scott was done opening her gifts (she had no interest in opening presents) we took her upstairs and stripped her down to her diaper and watched her eat her cake.  When Zack and Jacob were 1, as soon as they figured out what this cake stuff was, they were all over it, there was frosting everywhere...they made such a mess!  I kept waiting for Emma to discover this yummy treat, but she would not get her hands dirty (that's my girl!!)  She would very daintily stick one finger in the frosting and lick a little bit off, and that is as crazy as she got.  We had to put her hands in the cake in an effort to get some funny pictures!  She is most definantly a GIRL!!! 
Happy Birthday Emma!!!  (Yes this is a little late...but hey...better late then never~!)

No comments:

Post a Comment