Friday, December 17, 2010

BLESSINGS!

I read this blog patrickandashley.blogspot.com.  It is an amazing story that you really should read if you are looking for a modern day miracle.  If you are looking for your testimony to be lifted, you should read their story.  It is a devastating story though, so be prepared.  I will not do this story justice to try to explain to you what it is other then it's about a little girl who died tragically.  When I was first reading the story, my husband told me to stop reading it, because I would sit at the computer and sob, my heart was breaking as I was reading this story, and yet..I couldn't stop.  I am so glad that I didn't stop.  As hard as it has been to read this blog, it has also been a blessing.  When I read the blog, I am reminded to be more patient with my kids.  I am reminded that having them HERE and HEALTHY is truly a miracle.  I continue to read this blog because the testimony's of this little girl's sweet parents is simply AMAZING, it is uplifting to see how they have grown in just a few short months.  It very much reminds me of how my own parent's were following the death of their own precious daughter.  My mom and dad really could have just stopped, I'm sure they wanted to at times.  But they didn't.  They kept on going, they got up every day, my dad went to work...my mom got Kristin and I up for school, we were at church and our testimonies grew because of the spirit that was in our home.  When I hear stories where people have lost their child, and I think of my parent's, I wonder why I have been so blessed.  We have three beautiful healthy children, and quite often, I feel guilty that I have all of these blessings, when so many others struggle so much.  I have known friends who have had babies born under tremendous hardships, and I have seen firsthand what it is like to watch someone lose their child, which is something that I cannot even imagine.  I honestly don't know how people survive it.  Babies are sick all the time, a friend that I grew up with, has a baby girl that was born within weeks of Emma.  This little baby has been through more health scares than a 95 year old woman.  Again I marvel at the health of my family, I am SO greatful  that I have been blessed so much, I just can't get over feeling a guilty for my blessings.  Today, on what would have been this sweet little girl's birthday, I will hold my own daughter a little tighter, and kiss her cheeks a little more.  I will listen more closely as the boys tell me about their day at school, and most importantly I will thank my Heavenly Father again for these beautiful children and the blessings that I have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment