Monday, December 17, 2012

Today Scott and I did something that was very hard.  Along with the rest of the country we sent our kids back to school.  It was hard because of the school shooting that happened in Conneticut on Friday.  So many lives were taken....AT SCHOOL.  School is supposed to be a safe place for them, and I probably sound so naive, but a school shooting at an ELEMENTARY school is something that honestly isn't anything I have worried about until now.  I know there have been other school shootings and each of them are horrible.  Every time there has been one, I have cried and mourned for the lives that were lost.  This time though it was different.  I have BABIES in elementary school.  It hit me hard.  To think that someone could just go in and decide to end so many lives in a split second baffles me.  So yes, today was a hard day for me.  I watched the clock every minute waiting not so paitiently for MY babies to arrive SAFELY home.  I pray to God that they come home safe EVERY DAY.  My heart truly goes out to the families of the victims of Friday's shooting.  Christmas is just around the corner, and my heart breaks to think that they already have presents bought and probably wrapped for kids who will never get to open them.  I don't know how they will go on.  I hope they know that their babies are being protected.  I hope that they know that they WILL see their children again.  I hope that they know that their kids are in the loving arms of our Saviour.  It's not an easy thing to just trust that everything will be ok all of the time.  Stories like this cause more anxiety in me then I ththink even I realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment