Monday, December 19, 2011

One REALLY LOOOOOOOONG post!

Here is some catch up for the last few weeks. 
     Thanksgiving.
     Cindy, Matt and the kids were able to come visit for Thanksgiving this year!  We always love it when they get to come.  Poor Matt was REALLY sick on the way down here their arrival was met with a trip to the emergency room for him, I won't get into details about all of that except to say that we are all so glad he is ok!  Kyle and Tyler got to spend quite a few nights at our house, the boys all love sleepovers, I'm not sure how they enjoyed themselves with 4 big little boys in one very small bedroom....but they didn't seem to mind.  When you only get to see your cousins once, maybe twice a year anything is fun as long as they are all together.
     I'm not sure how we did it, but we managed to fit 16 people into our house again for Turkey day.  It's fun to watch everyone come together to break a little bread.  We had way to much food as usual.  While the fam. was in town the boys watched movies, played the wii, stunk up the house, played the wii, went to nickel cade, played the wii....oh and did I mention the boys played the wii, A LOT!  I loved seeing my little nephews and my adorable niece, I wish they lived closer, who knows..maybe someday I will live closer to them...Kyle was so cute, he was trying to ask me a question and he turned all red and looked at me and said, ummmm....I forgot your name!  LOL he was soooo embarrassed, can't really blame him though, everyone has a little brain fart once in a while!  I felt bad because it clearly embarrassed him but I wasn't worried about it.
     The day before Thanksgiving we had some groceries to get so Kristin and I headed off to Walmart with the kiddos, as we were leaving I noticed Zack's hair looked awful, it was really long and he had bed head so I made him go in the house to get a hat, as he was running into the house he tripped and fell on the concrete steps leading into our house.  I should have known right then that he was hurt because Zack is not one to cry when he gets hurt.  He will cry for emotional reasons, but usually is VERY tough when it comes to physical pain.  He cried...but I was in such a HURRY that I told him to man up.  I was sure he was ok.  He kept telling me that his foot was hurting as we were walking through Walmart.  Kristin and I just kept telling him to keep up with us as he hobbled along, (in my defense, he is a bit a LOT of a hypochondriac).  We also took him to the Dollar tree with us where he had to walk some more.  When we got home, Zack and Jacob went downstairs to watch a movie and about 1/2 hour or so later, Jacob came upstairs to tell me that Zack was crying.  I went downstairs and he said his foot was hurting.  I took his shoe off and took his sock off to find bruising, and LOTS of swelling. CRAP.  Took him into the insta care and sure enough, his ankle was BROKEN :(  Who knows if it was broken from the fall, or from his MEAN mom who made him walk all over the place!  He is fine now, had to wear a boot for a few weeks, but he is good as new!
                  EMMA
     Somehow despite my PLEADING with her to not grow up to fast, my sweet baby decided to have another birthday.  Emma turned two.  I really hate that time goes so fast,it seems like yesterday that we were bringing her home and now she is big, her hair is long, and she has learned how to tell me "NO".  It's a really good thing that Kristin is having TWO babies because my arms just need to hold a baby to keep me grounded.  At two years old, Emma weighs 22lbs. and 3 oz.  Yes she is still so tiny and precious!  They always tell me she is tall and skinny...let's hope that is always the case for her.  I honestly don't know how she is so skinny, she is ALWAYS eating!  She will eat ANYTHING you put in front of her.  Emma understands everything you say to her, but she is still not talking a whole lot.  Here are the words that she says.
  No, mom, dad, phone, Zack, Jakie, ball, kitty, eat, drink, night night (so cute) Dora, Landy (Landon, the boy I babysit)BABY, MINE, ba bye, grandpa (bump pa)Peek a boo (peep a boo) Sorry, Jamie (mom to the kids I babysit)go, hi, book, shoe, outside. 
     I may have missed a few, but I think I got most of them.  At two years old she still has all three boys tightly wrapped around her little finger (and maybe mom too), somehow, I don't think that will ever change.  She LOVES to play with her babies, she is a pro!  She loves to be chased (like Zack), she loves to watch Dora the Explorer, LOVES taking a bath, still sits fairly good while I do her hair, she is soooo into makeup, she loves to play with mine.  She loves to play with the cell phones too.  She was in a dance class where she learned how to do a somersault.  She really LOVES to go bu bye, I almost have to leave every day to go anywhere just so she can sit in the car and look around.  She really does get quite unhappy with things if we don't go at least once, and I am more than happy to indulge her on this because pretty soon she will be in school and I don't want to have any regrets!  Emma LOVES LOVES LOVES her Grandpa's.  I think they may also be a little bit wrapped around her other finger :)  She loves to go down the slides, and she loves to swing and jump on the trampoline.  She blows kisses.  When I try to lay her down for nap time, she will put her legs up so I can't get the blanket on, this is a game we play EVERY DAY, and it results in both of us giggling.  She likes to color.  She likes to ride her big wheel.  We sure do love our baby girl, even though she won't humor me and stay little forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment