Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Funky Town...

The other day, I was frustrated with the kids because they have not listened to a single thing that Scott or I have said to them in months...(perhaps a SLIGHT exageration)  anyways, we were trying to figure out what we could do to get us out of this funk that we have been in.  We were trying to explain a new reward system for them, and they wouldn't even listen to that.  At that time, I felt very frustrated and I told Zack and Jake that I might as well go back to work, because me being home was OBVIOUSLY not doing anyone any good.  I had a horrible migraine at the time and was laying on the couch trying to get rid of it.  Scott and the boys took Emma upstairs and began eating dinner, this is the conversation that I heard from the couch.
Zack:  Dad, mom said she doesn't want to be our mother anymore.
Scott:  She is just very frustrated with you guys, you need to listen to her some more.
Then the subject was changed.  I dragged my butt off of the couch to go "Correct" my son.  I NEVER said that I didn't want to be his mother.  I would NEVER say anything like that, and the fact that he is interpruting it this way makes me so sad.  My greatest joy is being their mother.  I love that I am able to stay home with them while they are young.  I LOVE that I am the first one they see after school, and I am the one who is there to help with their homework, and drive them to dance, scouts, and everything in between.  We are just in a funk...any suggestions on how to get out?

No comments:

Post a Comment