Monday, October 25, 2010

The joy's of boy's!!! (Is that what this is??)

There are days that I wonder if I will EVER be able to go to dinner at someone's house and have my kids actually behave.  I am beginning to think that I have made some very big mistakes with the boys.  I thought that (and sitll do) I taught them how to have manners and when to use them, but after going to dinner last night at my mom's house, I am starting to wonder where I went wrong!  I was so frustrated that I don't feel like I want to take them anywhere because every time I do take them anywhere, they act up and I can't get them to calm down.  I feel like I'm in a difficult position right now because I am the only one in my family with kids, so people are not used to the chaos that has become my "normal".  I understand the frustrations that others have, however, I also see 2 beautiful healthy little boys who just want to play (all the time) and have fun.  It's hard to teach them that what may be considered O.K. at one house, is NOT O.K. at another.  I am also very aware of the fact that many times, my kids do not listen to ANYTHING I say, and I am beyond frustrated with that!  I see mom's all the time that tell their kids to stop doing something and it actually works!  I can't figure out what they are doing that I am not! 

1 comment:

  1. Don't stress!! We all know that your boys have crazy amounts of energy and love them for it! I am sorry if I get frustrated sometimes, like I have said I don't have kids so I can't tell you how to be a parent. I think you are doing a fabulous job of basically raising them by yourself! I love your kids as if they were my own. Stop being so hard on yourself, if they were too much to handle people would just stop inviting you over HA HA just kidding :) Love ya

    ReplyDelete